INSTALL ANDROID 2.2 (FROYO) IN SAMSUNG GALAXY 5 [I5500/I5503] WITHOUT ROOTING


Note: This process is based on my personal experience and since every device is different hence you are on your own while flashing your device. I, or any other author of hacking-class will NOT be responsible for any loss caused due to this. However, I’ll be happy to help you if need be.

i am currently using samsung galaxy 5 i5503.. Unfortunately Galaxy 5 I5503 hasn’t qualified to get Froyo update (Android 2.2) although it should have, no compatibility issues. Anyway, I was determined to get Android 2.2 running on my Galaxy 5 and was successful too! A big thanks to Samfirmware for Android 2.2 firmware for Galaxy 5 series phones (I5500/I5503).


The process to install and get Android 2.2 running on your Galaxy phone is very easy. Just follow the following mentioned points in order and your mobile phone will soon enjoy all the features of Android Froyo ...

files needed before u start are as following...
ODIN Downloader
OPS File 
Original Samsung Galaxy 5 cable
Android 2.2 firmware


here are the steps to flash your phone..for the update..
1-->::You must have downloaded all the files mentioned above and keep them ready..

2-->::Backup all the contents of your phone memory with KIES or using Mobile Back Up II[available on app store...]

3-->::Reset your phone to factory settings (Not compulsory but advised). ;)

4-->::Make sure the battery is fully charged up.

5::Switch Off your Galaxy 5 (I5503/I5500). Remove battery and re-insert after a few seconds.and reinsert it..

6-->::Press the following buttons together:
Volume Down Button + Center Home Button (Big square) + Power Button[call end]

7-->::Wait for “Downloading” screen to appear. Once this screen comes up release the buttons and connect your phone with computer using original data cable.this screen would be yellow droid digging up some thing...

8-->::Now wait for your computer to install device driver (until it shows “the device is ready to use”). In the mean time extract the I5500LUYJP2.rar file which will give you a I5500LUYJP2 folder with I5500LUYJP2.tar file in it.

9-->::Now open ODIN Downloader (downloaded above), if the phone connection is successful the box under COM Port Mapping will turn to yellow. Select the following check boxes ,,it is also shown in 2nd screen shot..:
-->>One Package, Auto Reboot and Protect Ops check-boxes.
-->>Select the Ops file (downloaded above).
-->>Select the tar package downloaded above.

10::Cross check the settings and hit “Start”.




That’s it! In approximately 5 minutes your device will restart and boot into Android 2.2 with beautiful icons and lots many new features..like wifi hotspot..and main feature of froyo..u can install application in your sd card,,that is not supported in eclair[2.1].. 

If you face any problem then do leave a comment below, I’ll try my best to answer it to the best of my knowledge.:D

In case you mess up or something stuck for you then download the original firmware for Samsung Galaxy 5 I5503 using this link and follow the exact steps from point number 5. This should restore your device back to Android 2.1.but i am currently using 2.2 on my galaxy 5..it doesnt encounter any problem yet...i personally tried & using it..enjoy..
see my cell's screen shot ..

6 comments:

spec said...

please Android 2.2 firmware link dead help

bryte said...

wen i click start to flash this box was displaced "check image file" have tried several times it keeps on displaying the msg. pls help i want to us froyo

Kashish Gupta said...

@spec: link is working perfectly!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, but tell me frnd how to install big games (like angry brd space and more than 10 m.b. Games) .when i download them from play store, downloading dosent start.

Unknown said...

Tell me how to instal large file games. I cant download large(more than 10 mb)games using play stored

Kashish Gupta said...

@Ashish Rana: It doesnot support due to its processor.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Cracky Hacker | Bloggerized by - Insurance Tips